Stay at Home | Kitchen
The kitchen is often referred to as the heart of the home, and that shouldn’t change if you decide to age in place. At Stay At Homesm, our expert designers know how to create a beautiful, functional kitchen that will meet all of your needs. With a focus on safety and accessibility, your kitchen will contribute to your independence when you stay at home.
Universal Design Features for the Kitchen:
- Widened walkways and added space for increased maneuverability
- Reduced counter heights and open under-counter space improve functionality for clients in wheelchairs
- Electrical switches can be moved to the front of the cabinets for improved access
- Wall ovens require less bending and lifting when installed at counter height, also facilitate improved visibility
- Anti-scald faucets with single-lever operation are simple and safe to use
- Counter height or under-counter microwave and drawer-style dishwashers improve accessibility
- High levels of natural light as well as under cabinet task lighting and lower cabinet toe-space lighting improve visibility and safety
Stay At Homesm offers a variety of services to make your entire home safer and more functional. To learn more about all of the services we offer our clients, visit the Our Services page.